Saturday, January 5, 2013

TUNA PASTA


one of the reasons why I got excited hours before the Media Noche was because I really had the plan
to do my own tuna pasta. and oh yes, I did it for the first time! so here's what happened:
the research... #partialchos


started cooking three  hours before the Media Noche. these were the ingredients:
1) 250 grams pasta (I used IDEA linguine)
2) 3 cloves garlic and 1  whole small onion
3) 4 T. vegetable oil
4) 1 tbsp. salt (upon boiling the pasta) & another 1 tbsp. (upon cooking)
5) 1/2 pack of Magic Sarap(sa amin kase sa bahay, we don't use monosodium glutamate)
6) 1 can of 125 g. tuna (I used Chicken of the Sea chunk light tuna in oil)

surely this is one of my most awkward photos ever. hehe.. I was trying to flatten the garlic.

and here were the procedures I got from www.food.com :
1. boil the pasta w/ 5 cups of water for 15-20 minutes. heat temperature: average.

2. strain the pasta then quickly....

3. Saute garlic in oil until lightly brown or fragrant is release.

4. Stir-in tuna. Cook this for 1 minute. Stir in the cooked pasta and mix. Remove from heat. Season with salt.
Add more salt according to your taste.

5. Note: Only start cooking the tuna when your pasta is just a few minutes from getting done.
That way, the pasta is mixed with the sauted tuna while it's still hot to incorporate the taste.

also, find out how I did it here:

6 comments: